Fixation Theatre Company will:
- Comply with both the law and good practice
- Respect individuals’ rights
- Be open and honest with individuals whose data is held
- Provide training and support for employees and volunteers who handle personal data, so that they can act confidently and consistently
Fixation Theatre Company recognises that its first priority under the Data Protection Act is to avoid causing harm to individuals.
Information about employees, volunteers and clients will be used fairly, securely and not disclosed to any person unlawfully.
Secondly, the Act aims to ensure that the legitimate concerns of individuals about the ways in which their data may be used are taken into account.
In addition to being open and transparent, Fixation Theatre Company will seek to give individuals as much choice as is possible and reasonable oversight of data is held and how it is used.
The Artistic Director, Laura Davitt is the Data Controller and is registered with the ICO (ref: ZA161813) under the Data Protection Act 1998.
All processing of personal data will be undertaken in accordance with the data protection principles.
Who we are?
Finchley Youth Centre
142 High Road, East Finchley, London, N2 9ED
Our Telephone number: 07708608570
Our website address is: https://fixationacademy.co.uk.
Contact Us about data: email@example.com
What personal data we collect, and why we collect it:
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you have any enquires regarding images used on the website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact forms & Testimonials
If you use any of the contact forms on the site, we collect the data shown in the individual comment form. We may also capture the IP address for the purposes of preventing spam and/or fraud. The information collected is used for the purpose of the function of the form in question, and maybe seen by Fixation staff and website administrators.
Please refer to our Cookies policy.
Who we share your data with.
We do not sell any user data to any third parties.
How long we retain your data.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile.
All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Inactive accounts (24 months without use) will be regularly audited and all associated data deleted.
What rights you have over your data.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service. Email addresses maybe used for the purpose of contacting you.
Our data is stored on our server in a UK data centre.
Backups are stored on secure Google servers.
How we protect your data.
- All online data is only accessible by Fixation Staff and authorised administrators.
- All online data is protected behind strong passwords.
- Our website is protected by a strong firewall.
- We regularly scan our web server for malware, viruses and known security vulnerabilities.
- We update our web server and associated services regularly.
- All Staff are trained and aware of current data laws and regulations.
What data breach procedures we have in place.
- Should a data breach occur we will alert any impacted individuals as soon as possible.
- Fixation Theatre will report any serious data breach to all relevant authorities and regulators as soon as possible.
- In the event of a data breach, online services will be closed to investigate; when identified the cause will be immediately patched and procedures reviewed.
- You can contact us at email@example.com if you are aware of any data issues concerning Fixation Theatre Company.
What third parties we receive data from.
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
Images of young people
Fixation Theatre Company frequently take photographs and videos of children
and young people participating in activities, rehearsals, performances and
All members are asked to complete a Photo and Media consent form.
Which offers opt in and opt out options.
At all times written permission from parents/guardians/carers must be
obtained before any photographic material is used in the public domain.
Fixation hires in Photographers to take pictures and videos of the shows.
These photographers are vetted, insured and follow a strict data protection
policy. They WILL NOT be able to sell or use any Fixation Theatre Photos or
Videos. Unless written request to parents/carers is followed.
Should you have concerns regarding images used on the website please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org