LAMDA Level 1 (Grade 1, 2, 3)
⭐ For ages 9-11 ⭐
Weekly Classes: East Finchley: Wed (5:30pm) & High Barnet: Saturday (12pm)
Fixation Academy of Performing Arts is proud to teach LAMDA exams & qualifications at our establishment.
The LAMDA Level 1 Award in Performance: Acting is designed to enable Learners to develop basic acting skills. Learners will perform two scenes from memory, audibly and clearly.
They will be able to apply their knowledge, understanding and skills to produce a thoughtful interpretation, based on creative engagement with the material and careful preparation.
LAMDA Level 1 is sectioned into 3 Grades, with an exam for each, and focus on the following Learning Outcomes:
LO1: Perform two scenes from memory, demonstrating an understanding of the material
LO2: Use vocal skills in response to the text
LO3: Use the face, body and performance space in response to the text
LO4: Know and understand the characters and situations in the chosen scenes
In LAMDA classes students work towards their exams, and are entered to sit them at the end of the Autumn and Spring Terms. A student will be entered into their exam when the teacher and student both feel comfortable and ready to do so.
The process of preparing for and succeeding in a LAMDA Examination helps Learners, whatever their ages or aspirations, to develop a broad range of skills that will serve them throughout life. Our examinations develop a Learner’s ability to:
- read easily, fluently and with good understanding
- expand vocabulary to improve powers of self-expression
- improve confidence in speaking and listening
- memorise and recall information
- research and create persuasive formal presentations
- create and defend arguments
- engage in constructive informal conversation
- work both on their own and participate as a member of a team
How to Book a Trial Class
1. Click the button below to go to our booking page
2. Select your class, time & location
3. Scroll down to find the ‘Book Your Trial’ button (NOT ‘Book this Class’)
4. Create your parent account and add child information (if you do not already have a class4kids account|)
5. Make payment and that’s it!
You will receive a booking confirmation for your trial class. We look forward to seeing you there!
After Your Trial
- After your trial week you will asked via email if you would like to book a place in the class
- You will then be asked to set up your monthly subscription plan for your class payment
- Payments are taken on the 1st of every month
- Subscription payments are calculated by: Termly Fee x 3 (3 terms in a year) / over 11 months (no payment is taken in August as we have no classes in August)
- You can stop your subscription payment anytime, by writing with 4 weeks notice to email@example.com