LAMDA Acting Introductory
⭐ For ages 6-8 ⭐
Weekly Classes: East Finchley: Wed (5:30pm) & High Barnet: Saturday (12pm)
Fixation Academy of Performing Arts is proud to teach LAMDA exams & qualifications at our establishment.
LAMDA Introductory Examinations offer students the opportunity to develop basic communication skills and to engage in creative expression within a supportive environment.
Our LAMDA Introductory class is for anyone just starting their LAMDA journey.
The Introductory exam includes 3 levels:
Solo Introductory Stage 1
Solo Introductory Stage 2
Solo Introductory Stage 3
Each exam will focus on the following performance Learning Objectives:
LO1: To perform one poem from memory
LO2: Use vocal skills to engage the listener
LO3: Know and understand the techniques required to maintain a conversation
In LAMDA classes students work towards their exams, and are entered to sit them at the end of the Autumn and Spring Terms. A student will be entered into their exam when the teacher and student both feel comfortable and ready to do so.
The process of preparing for and succeeding in a LAMDA Examination helps Learners, whatever their ages or aspirations, to develop a broad range of skills that will serve them throughout life. Our examinations develop a Learner’s ability to:
- read easily, fluently and with good understanding
- expand vocabulary to improve powers of self-expression
- improve confidence in speaking and listening
- memorise and recall information
- research and create persuasive formal presentations
- create and defend arguments
- engage in constructive informal conversation
- work both on their own and participate as a member of a team
How to Book a Trial Class
1. Click the button below to go to our booking page
2. Select your class, time & location
3. Scroll down to find the ‘Book Your Trial’ button (NOT ‘Book this Class’)
4. Create your parent account and add child information (if you do not already have a class4kids account|)
5. Make payment and that’s it!
You will receive a booking confirmation for your trial class. We look forward to seeing you there!
After Your Trial
- After your trial week you will asked via email if you would like to book a place in the class
- You will then be asked to set up your monthly subscription plan for your class payment
- Payments are taken on the 1st of every month
- Subscription payments are calculated by: Termly Fee x 3 (3 terms in a year) / over 11 months (no payment is taken in August as we have no classes in August)
- You can stop your subscription payment anytime, by writing with 4 weeks notice to email@example.com