Fixation Academy of Performing Arts will make every effort to keep the Academy / Holiday Club open, but in exceptional circumstances, we may need to close at short notice.
possible reasons for emergency closure include:
- Serious weather conditions
- Heating system failure
- Burst water pipes
- Fire or bomb scare / explosion
- Death of a member of staff or child
- Assault on a staff member or child
- Serious accident or illness
In the event of an emergency, our primary concern will be to ensure that bother children and staff are kept safe. If it is necessary to evacuate the Academy / Holiday Club, the following steps will be taken:
- If appropriate the manager or session supervisor will contact the emergency services.
- All children will be escorted from the building to the assembly point using the nearest safe exit.
- No attempt will be made to collect personal belongings, or to re-enter the building after evacuation.
- A nominated member of staff will check the premises and will collect the register (including emergency contact details) providing that this does not put anyone at risk.
- Before leaving the building the nominated person will close all accessible doors and windows, if it is safe to do so.
- The register will be taken and all children and staff accounted for.
- If any person is missing from the register, the emergency services will be informed immediately.
- The manager will contact parents to collect their children. Registers are online and staff can access these via the class4kids website.
- All children will be supervised until they are safely collected.
If after every attempt, a child’s parent or carers cannot be contact, the Academy / Holiday Club will follow the Uncollect Children procedure.
If the Academy / Holiday Club has to close, even temporarily, or operate from alternative premises, as a result of the emergency, we will notify Ofsted.
Ofsted’s address is: Ofsted, Piccadilly Gate, Store Street, Manchester, M1 2WD
Telephone: 0300 123 1231
This policy was adopted by: Fixation Academy of Performing Arts
Date: 01 August 2023
Date to be reviewed: 31 August 2024
Signed: L. Davitt
Written in accordance with the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (2021): Safeguarding and Welfare Requirements: Safety and suitability of premises, environment and equipment (3.56)